Tuesday 7 June 2011

Lynne Rutherford

un-natural selection


My collection is based on the Darwinian theory of de-evolution, that man is actually evolving backward. I focused on the idea that the speed and capacity of information we obtain has become excessive therefor we are converting back into an animalistic state. The journey of the collection begins with the simplistic age of animals and evolves to the modern overexposed human. I desired my collection to grow from something understated to an extravagant end. Another major aim of mine was to create a collection of separates, for two reasons; firstly the mix of fabrics makes a variety of garments available to any price range, which is important to me considering the current economic climate. Secondly I wanted the garments to be cohesive as a whole look or separate pieces appeal to various customers’ wardrobes.

 

Mood Board


Customer board

Final Collection
 
Final Collection



Illustration board one - Outfit two


Illustration board two -Outfit two


Illustration board three - Outfit two














No comments:

Post a Comment